- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 whole garlic heads
- 1 Tblsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tblsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tblsp. Chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tblsp. Thyme leaves
- 1 8-pound leg of lamb
- 12 fresh garlic slices
- 1 Â¼ tsp. salt
- Â½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 Â¼ cups low-salt beef broth
- Â½ cup dry red wine
- 2 Â½ Tblsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove skin from garlic heads, but do not separate the cloves.
- Cut off top portions of garlic heads in foil.
- Bake at 350 for one hour, cool 10 minutes.
- Squeeze garlic heads, extract pulp, mustard, and oil in food processor, process until smooth.
- Stir in chives and thyme.
- Increase oven temperature to 425.
- Trim fat from lamb, cut 12 3/4 inch slits and place a garlic slice in each slit.
- Sprinkle surface of lamb with 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper, rub with roasted garlic paste mixture.
- Press breadcrumbs over surface of lamb.
- Place lamb on broiler pan.
- Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of lamb. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
- Decrease oven temperature to 325.
- Bake an additional 2 hours and 10 minutes or until thermometer registers 140 to 155.
- Remove lamb from rack, place on shallow serving platter.
- Cover lamb with foil and let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain fat from pan but do not scrape.
- Place broiler pan on stove over medium heat.
- Add broth and bring to boil, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Combine red wine and cornstarch and stir with whisk.
- Add to beef broth and return to boil.
- Cook one minute or until mixture is thick.
- Add remainder of salt and serve immediately with lamb.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More