- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (we used a Chardonnay)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan/Romano mixture
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Saute the onions and garlic until the onions are tender and translucent. Add the rice, wine, 3/4 cup chicken broth and stir.
- When the risotto has absorbed nearly all the broth, add 3/4 cup chicken broth. Stir frequently and continue adding the chicken broth 3/4 cup at a time. Do not let the last addition of chicken broth cook away completely - this is the key to keeping it creamy. Add the cheese, stir well, and test the risotto:
- Drop a large spoonful of risotto onto a saucer and give the saucer a shake. The risotto is ready when it relaxes and settles some on the plate after shaking. If liquid runs away from the risotto, it needs to cook a bit longer.
NotesA good creamy risotto goes with just about anything, including a good Osso Buco.
Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride