- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (we used a Chardonnay)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan/Romano mixture
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Saute the onions and garlic until the onions are tender and translucent. Add the rice, wine, 3/4 cup chicken broth and stir.
- When the risotto has absorbed nearly all the broth, add 3/4 cup chicken broth. Stir frequently and continue adding the chicken broth 3/4 cup at a time. Do not let the last addition of chicken broth cook away completely - this is the key to keeping it creamy. Add the cheese, stir well, and test the risotto:
- Drop a large spoonful of risotto onto a saucer and give the saucer a shake. The risotto is ready when it relaxes and settles some on the plate after shaking. If liquid runs away from the risotto, it needs to cook a bit longer.
NotesA good creamy risotto goes with just about anything, including a good Osso Buco.
Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Food Travels Through Italy
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More