- Cooking Time: About 15-20 minutes
- Servings: 8-12
- Preparation Time: About 20-30 minutes.
- 2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I suggest California heirloom garlic:))
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Thaw the frozen chopped spinach using a microwave as per instruction on package.
- Squeeze dry the chopped spinach after it cools down.
- In a large bowl, break up the larger pieces of crushed seasoned stuffing with a potato masher.
- Add chopped onion, dried thyme, garlic, Parmesan cheese, butter and broth.
- Add beaten eggs.
- Finally, add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Mix until blended. You may want to use your hands for ease of mixing.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls, placing 1 1/2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
NotesThis recipe comes from a food blog, chowtimes.com, and I chose to share, as this recipe is great for the holidays - it's a delicious, easy-to-make-and-serve, healthy appetizer. I served at a recent get together, and it was a serious hit! I rarely encounter anyone who's not a fan of garlic. Happy Holidays!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Breads and Pastry 101
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More