- Cooking Time: About 15-20 minutes
- Servings: 8-12
- Preparation Time: About 20-30 minutes.
- 2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I suggest California heirloom garlic:))
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Thaw the frozen chopped spinach using a microwave as per instruction on package.
- Squeeze dry the chopped spinach after it cools down.
- In a large bowl, break up the larger pieces of crushed seasoned stuffing with a potato masher.
- Add chopped onion, dried thyme, garlic, Parmesan cheese, butter and broth.
- Add beaten eggs.
- Finally, add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Mix until blended. You may want to use your hands for ease of mixing.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls, placing 1 1/2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
NotesThis recipe comes from a food blog, chowtimes.com, and I chose to share, as this recipe is great for the holidays - it's a delicious, easy-to-make-and-serve, healthy appetizer. I served at a recent get together, and it was a serious hit! I rarely encounter anyone who's not a fan of garlic. Happy Holidays!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More