GARLICKY SPINACH BALLS
Garlicky Spinach Balls
See all Christopher Ranch California Heirloom Garlic Recipes
- Cooking Time: About 15-20 minutes
- Servings: 8-12
- Preparation Time: About 20-30 minutes.
- 2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I suggest California heirloom garlic:))
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Thaw the frozen chopped spinach using a microwave as per instruction on package.
Squeeze dry the chopped spinach after it cools down.
In a large bowl, break up the larger pieces of crushed seasoned stuffing with a potato masher.
Add chopped onion, dried thyme, garlic, Parmesan cheese, butter and broth.
Add beaten eggs.
Finally, add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Mix until blended. You may want to use your hands for ease of mixing.
Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls, placing 1 1/2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Website Credit: http://chowtimes.com/2009/12/07/garlicky-spinach-balls/