- Cooking Time: 20 mines
- Servings: 14 cookies
- Preparation Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- (118 mL) 1/2 cup raspberry jam or jelly
- (30 ml) 1 tablespoon Chambord or kirsch
- (625 ml) 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- (5 ml) 1 teaspoon baking powder
- (1 ml) 1/4 teaspoon salt
- (225 ml) 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, at room temperature
- (158 ml) 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- (15 ml) 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- (15 ml) 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- (5 ml)1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter 2 large baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, combine the jam and Chambord. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk to blend.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Add the flour mixture in 2 additions and beat just until moist clumps form. Gather the dough together into a ball.
- Pinch off the dough to form 1-inch balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing 1-inch apart. Use your floured index finger or 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon to create depressions in the center of each ball. Fill each indentation with nearly 1/2 teaspoon of the jam mixture. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely
NotesI found this recipe off of www.foodnetwork.com and my grandma makes them and they taste amazing. CHEMISTRY INFORMATION: The pure substAnces are Sugar C12H22O11 and Salt NACI. My heterogeneous mixture is the raspberry jam because you can see the seeds in the jam and the egg yolks and lemon zest, egg yolks lemon juice. My Homogenous mixtures are the flour,butter, Chambord,Baking powder,Vanilla extract.The physical changes are that the dough rises. Another one is the shape the dough takes after placing it on a pan. Now for the two Chemical changes and they are the dough cooking showing flammability and the color changes yellow and that is called an unexpected color change.
Submitted by: "Garrett C."
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Food Travels Through Italy
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More