- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 chicken or about 2 pounds of chicken parts (I used 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, diced)
- 1 quart canned chicken broth (I used 1-1/2 quarts)
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1 cup uncooked thin or medium noodles (I used 2 cups)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Place chicken and broth in a saucepan. Bring to boil and cover, turn to simmer until tender. Dip out chicken, remove skin and bones. Cut chicken meat into bite sized pieces and return to the pot. Add carrots, celery, parsley, salt and pepper. Cover and bring back to a boil then turn to simmer until veggies are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and add noodles. Cook uncovered on heat just high enough to keep liquid boiling gently. Time according to directions. Do not over cook as noodles should be al dente. When done stir in soup and heat through.
- Makes about 4 servings
NotesJill (Mom_Jill) posted this recipe which is one of Grace's (Gaudrey) awesome recipes! Grace was one great lady, great cook and she had a treasure chest of great recipes! She is greatly missed by many!
Jill has made this recipe several times and was right on with her description, "creamy and delicious" We loved it! This was my 1st time making chicken noodle soup and it won't be my last! Yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Breads and Pastry 101
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More