- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small onion, chopped (I like Vidalia onions)
- 1 11-oz. can corn, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 24 oz. tomato based vegetable juice (V-8)
- garnish: croutons
- For chunkier soup, hand chop onion and cucumber.
- For smoother soup, chop onion and cucumber in food processor.
- Dump all ingredients except garnish in large mixing bowl.
- Stir well and chill at least 3 hours to combine flavors.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish.
- *Note: I have used the diced tomatoes with jalapeno for a spicy kick.
- I've also garnished this with 3 or 4 cooked shrimp per bowl, but that makes it non-vegetarian.
NotesI spend a summer studying in Spain when I was in college; this is one of the recipes I brought home from that amazing trip.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Koken met Oma
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More