GAZPACHO (COLD VEGETABLE SOUP)
- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small onion, chopped (I like Vidalia onions)
- 1 11-oz. can corn, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 24 oz. tomato based vegetable juice (V-8)
- garnish: croutons
For chunkier soup, hand chop onion and cucumber.
For smoother soup, chop onion and cucumber in food processor.
Dump all ingredients except garnish in large mixing bowl.
Stir well and chill at least 3 hours to combine flavors.
Ladle into bowls and garnish.
*Note: I have used the diced tomatoes with jalapeno for a spicy kick.
I've also garnished this with 3 or 4 cooked shrimp per bowl, but that makes it non-vegetarian.