- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small onion, chopped (I like Vidalia onions)
- 1 11-oz. can corn, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 24 oz. tomato based vegetable juice (V-8)
- garnish: croutons
- For chunkier soup, hand chop onion and cucumber.
- For smoother soup, chop onion and cucumber in food processor.
- Dump all ingredients except garnish in large mixing bowl.
- Stir well and chill at least 3 hours to combine flavors.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish.
- *Note: I have used the diced tomatoes with jalapeno for a spicy kick.
- I've also garnished this with 3 or 4 cooked shrimp per bowl, but that makes it non-vegetarian.
NotesI spend a summer studying in Spain when I was in college; this is one of the recipes I brought home from that amazing trip.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More