- Cooking Time: NA
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 25
- 8 Large ripe beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 Small peeled cucumbers
- 1 Red pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 Diced small onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Slice of bread with crusts removed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut tomatoes into chunks and liquify in blender.
- Add, in batches as space allows, the cucumbers, pepper, onion, oil and bread.
- Mix together and add salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture in batches through a sieve or food mill to remove seeds and pulp.
- It should be smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
NotesMy mother visited Spain in 1967 and tried the traditional Andalusian version, which was delicious. The chef was kind enough to give her the recipe and she makes it every summer. I am glad to share it with you.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More