- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Pint Vanilla Bean Gelato
- 4 Shots (1/2 Cup) Freshly Brewed Espresso (Cooled only Slightly)
- 1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Ceylon Cinnamon, Ground
- Mace, Ground
- Place 4 Stemmed Cocktail or Old fashioned Champagne Glasses in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove glasses and place 1/2 cup of Vanilla Bean gelato in each, cover lightly with plastic wrap and return to freezer until ready to serve.
- Brew 4 shots of espresso or enough to make 1/2 cup.
- While espresso cools slightly, whip heavy cream to stiff peaks.
- There is no sugar in the whipped cream as this is your neutral player in the recipe.
- Remove glasses from freezer.
- Pour 2 TB of espresso over the gelato and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle a little mace and cinnamon over the Whipped Cream.
- Serve immediately or if adding a liqueur, pour 2 tsp over the whipped cream before serving.
NotesSince I have not been to Italy, I am not sure what the proper name of this dish: My assumption is that it's "Gelato Affogato". All I know is that this traditional dessert if sinfully delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
My Family Cookbook
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More