- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- -6 medium tomatoes
- -6 medium peppers
- -4 medium potatoes
- -2 cups rice
- -3 onions (chopped)
- -1/2 cup of fresh parsley,chopped
- -1/3 cup of fresh dill, chopped
- -2 tbsp of fresh mint, chopped
- -1 bunch of fresh green onion, chopped
- -1 cup of olive oil
- -salt and pepper to taste
- Slice off the top of the tomatoes and the peppers.
- Use a spoon to remove the inside part of the tomatoes and the peppers.
- Save the inner part of the tomatoes you have removed. It will be used for the stuffing.
- Mash the inner tomato parts with a blender and mix half of the tomato mash with the rice, the onions (chopped), the parsley , the dill, the green onions and the mint.
- Pour olive oil and boil the rice mixture.
- Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Do not overcook the stuffing.
- The rice should not be soft. It will soften later during baking time. Stuff the tomatoes and the peppers and cover them with their tops. Place them in a pan, surround them with the potatoes (sliced) and pour the rest of the tomato mash.
- Add olive oil and bake for about 1 1/2 hour in at 375 .
- Add water to the bottom of the pan, if required, during baking.
- Serve with Greek feta cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More