- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- -6 medium tomatoes
- -6 medium peppers
- -4 medium potatoes
- -2 cups rice
- -3 onions (chopped)
- -1/2 cup of fresh parsley,chopped
- -1/3 cup of fresh dill, chopped
- -2 tbsp of fresh mint, chopped
- -1 bunch of fresh green onion, chopped
- -1 cup of olive oil
- -salt and pepper to taste
- Slice off the top of the tomatoes and the peppers.
- Use a spoon to remove the inside part of the tomatoes and the peppers.
- Save the inner part of the tomatoes you have removed. It will be used for the stuffing.
- Mash the inner tomato parts with a blender and mix half of the tomato mash with the rice, the onions (chopped), the parsley , the dill, the green onions and the mint.
- Pour olive oil and boil the rice mixture.
- Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Do not overcook the stuffing.
- The rice should not be soft. It will soften later during baking time. Stuff the tomatoes and the peppers and cover them with their tops. Place them in a pan, surround them with the potatoes (sliced) and pour the rest of the tomato mash.
- Add olive oil and bake for about 1 1/2 hour in at 375 .
- Add water to the bottom of the pan, if required, during baking.
- Serve with Greek feta cheese.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More