- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 1 round 9 in cake
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/4 cups of sugar (or dry sweetener)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups soy milk (or almond milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup oil (used sunflower or safflower oil)
- 2 Tbsp of cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp of water (to replace 1 egg)
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- Approx. 1-2 Tbsp of oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add soy milk, vanilla, oil, egg replacer (cornstarch mixed with water), carrot and ginger and mix together gently until "just mixed". Don't over mix it!
- Pour in lightly oiled cake pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix the topping ingredients. When well mixed (you wan the brown sugar to be wet- add a bit of oil if needed), sprinkle the topping on top of the cake.
- Put the cake in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Check with knife to see if done. Enjoy!
NotesNo one could ever guess that this moist cake is vegan! Kids love it and I like to serve it with a sugar toping instead of the traditional carrot cake icing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Watt's Cooking in PA?
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More