- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 1 round 9 in cake
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/4 cups of sugar (or dry sweetener)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups soy milk (or almond milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup oil (used sunflower or safflower oil)
- 2 Tbsp of cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp of water (to replace 1 egg)
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- Approx. 1-2 Tbsp of oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add soy milk, vanilla, oil, egg replacer (cornstarch mixed with water), carrot and ginger and mix together gently until "just mixed". Don't over mix it!
- Pour in lightly oiled cake pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix the topping ingredients. When well mixed (you wan the brown sugar to be wet- add a bit of oil if needed), sprinkle the topping on top of the cake.
- Put the cake in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Check with knife to see if done. Enjoy!
NotesNo one could ever guess that this moist cake is vegan! Kids love it and I like to serve it with a sugar toping instead of the traditional carrot cake icing.