- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup of raw green beans — diced in 1 centimetre coins
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup greek-style tofu or mozzarella, diced (optional- I rarely add it in)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 healthy pinch salt
- 6 basil leaves, chiffonaded
- 1. Make the dressing first, and reserve. Store the extra (you should have extra) in a sealed glass container to use for other salads.
- SALAD & ASSEMBLY
- 2. Toss the salad ingredients together with 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Let your mixture sit for 15 minutes, then toss again and serve. This is actually a great salad to do ahead of time (recently, I made it at noon and served it at 7). You can store it in the fridge and just bring to room temp before serving. If you do this, though, you will want to toss it again and check for seasoning.
NotesFEATURING: Beans (green or yellow), tomatoes, garlic, and basil.
3-bean salad is a staple in Jim's family and I love it too, but here is another bean salad I've come to love and that uses lots of veggies I tend to have at this time of year. Half it if you need to make 1-2 servings. This recipe makes a lot more dressing than you need so keep the extra and use it as a dressing on a green salad (lettuce, etc.)- if it solidifies in the fridge, just run it under some tepid water.