- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryTruly easy and tasty. My entire extended family loves it (even the picky eaters amongst it). I use most of the leek (I only discard a small part of the dark leaves if they are damaged). You can peel the potatoes but I don't bother most of the time, especially if they're organic!
- 4 leeks (or 2 large ones)
- 1/4 cup oil (e.g. olive oil or sunflower)
- 4 small potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of soy milk
- Rinse the leeks and slice them thinly. Dice the potatoes.
- Heat the oil in your large stockpot, saute the leeks for a few minutes. Saute the potatoes (take care they don’t stick).
- Add the bouillon, water and salt. Simmer until the potatoes are very soft, about 20 minutes. Add the pepper.
- Use your stick blender to blend it, or a countertop blender.
- Stir in the soy milk.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.