- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- TO MARINATE TOFU (optional):
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, cut into bite-sized cubes
- FOR THE CURRY
- 2 1/2 tablespoon oil (sunflower, safflower, peanut)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root (approx. 1 inch ginger)
- 2-4 tablespoon red curry paste (2-3 if store-bought, 3-4 if homemade)
- 1-2 zucchinis, chopped
- 2 cups snap peas, string removed
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup swiss chard (or any of your favorite greens like kale, etc.), chopped
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- MARINADE (optional):
- Marinate the tofu in 2 tbsp soy sauce, juice 1 lime and the 1 chopped chilli and set aside (optional).
- Meanwhile, heat the 2 Tbsp oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Stir the ginger and curry paste into the hot oil for a few seconds until the curry paste is fragrant and the ginger begins to turn golden. Add the vegetables; cook and stir for 1 minute. Pour in the lime juice, soy sauce, maple syrup, coconut milk, and tofu. Bring the coconut milk to a simmer, and cook a few minutes until the vegetables are tender and hot.
- Meanwhile, drain the tofu. In another wok or skillet, heat 1/2 tbsp oil over high heat. Add the drained tofu and stir-fry until golden brown. Add tofu to the vegetables.
- Stir in the chopped basil just before serving.
NotesFeaturing: basil, cabbage, swiss chard, snap peas, and zucchini.
This recipe can be made quite quickly with either store-bought red or yellow curry paste (or you can also make your own- see recipe below). I about 5 and a half cups of any vegetables I have at hand. You can use italian or thai basil for this recipe.
HOMEMADE RED CURRY PASTE- just whizz all ingredients in a food processor
3 red chillies
1 lemongrass, roughly chopped
3 shallots, roughly chopped
½ red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
zest 1 lime
stalks from 20g pack coriander
thumb-size piece ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp ground coriander