GEN'S VEGAN BIBIMBAP - KOREAN DISH
Gen's Vegan Bibimbap - korean dish
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice (I use Calrose rice)
- 3 carrots, cut into thin matchsticks (you can grate them if you prefer)
- 2 1/2 cups of pac choi, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups of baby spinach
- 1 block of firm or extra firm tofu, cut into long thin rectangles
- 1 cucumber, cut into thin matchsticks (optional)
- 1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps (optional)
- A handful of green scallions as garnish (optional)
- QUICK GOCHUJANG SAUCE
- 1 1/2 cup hot pepper paste (Sriracha)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp honey or brown sugar
In a medium pot or rice cooker, cook rice according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, in a steamer, bring 2 cups water to a boil over high. Add carrots, pac choi, garlic, and onions and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
Add in spinach, tofu, cucumber and mushrooms and cook about 1-3 minutes. Set the vegetables and tofu aside.
Mix together all of the Gochujang sauce ingredients. Put as much as you want on top of the bibimbap.
Divide rice among four bowls; top with vegetables and tofu. Drizzle each with sesame oil, sprinkle with scallion greens (if using), and serve Gochujang sauce on the side. Let each person add their own Gochujang sauce and mix their meal.