- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 (350 g) medium or firm tofu
- 1- 1 ½ lemon (to taste…I usually use just a little more than 1 lemon)
- 1 tbsp honey
- About 2/3 cup oil (you can also put less and add water instead)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 450 g cooked pasta
- 1 head of broccoli, steamed
- Blend the tofu, lemon juice, honey, and oil in a food processor (it may be better to do half the filling recipe at a time= easier for the blender) until smooth.
- Add the salt, garlic, and basil and stir well.
- Adjust seasonings; the white sauce should almost have the consistency and taste of ricotta cheese.
- Heat up the white sauce in a small pot on the stove.
- Serve the white sauce on pasta and top with the broccoli.
- Fold in the broccoli.
NotesThis is a sauce I created a while back. It's quick and I love eating it on pasta with broccoli (or any other veggie I have at hand: zucchini, eggplant, etc.) I sometimes also mix it with tomato sauce to have a pink sauce. I use this recipe as a white sauce filling for my vegan lasagna. This recipe works equally well with medium and firm tofu. The softer the tofu, the creamier the sauce; the firmer the tofu, the more gritty it will be (which can add a nice texture to your meal too).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More