- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 (350 g) medium or firm tofu
- 1- 1 ½ lemon (to taste…I usually use just a little more than 1 lemon)
- 1 tbsp honey
- About 2/3 cup oil (you can also put less and add water instead)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 450 g cooked pasta
- 1 head of broccoli, steamed
- Blend the tofu, lemon juice, honey, and oil in a food processor (it may be better to do half the filling recipe at a time= easier for the blender) until smooth.
- Add the salt, garlic, and basil and stir well.
- Adjust seasonings; the white sauce should almost have the consistency and taste of ricotta cheese.
- Heat up the white sauce in a small pot on the stove.
- Serve the white sauce on pasta and top with the broccoli.
- Fold in the broccoli.
NotesThis is a sauce I created a while back. It's quick and I love eating it on pasta with broccoli (or any other veggie I have at hand: zucchini, eggplant, etc.) I sometimes also mix it with tomato sauce to have a pink sauce. I use this recipe as a white sauce filling for my vegan lasagna. This recipe works equally well with medium and firm tofu. The softer the tofu, the creamier the sauce; the firmer the tofu, the more gritty it will be (which can add a nice texture to your meal too).
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More