- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound Boneless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Egg white beaten until frothy
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 3 Hot dried chili peppers broken in half (de arbol, japone)
- 2 Cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 Piece ginger root (1 in) peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon White wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon White wine
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Brown sugar
- Wash chicken; pat dry, then cut into 1-inch pieces. In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, cornstarch, and beaten egg white. Marinate the chicken pieces for about 20 minutes in the egg white mixture.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok. Deep fry the chicken, a few pieces at a time, for about 1 minute or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Pour all but 2 tablespoons of the oil out of the wok.
- To the oil in the wok, add the dried chili peppers, garlic and ginger, stir-fry 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining soy sauce, vinegar, white wine and 1 tea cornstarch, mix until smooth. Stir in sugar, sesame oil and salt. Pour into wok, cook, stirring for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Return chicken pieces to wok, mix well and serve with hot cooked rice or your favorite Asian noodles.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More