- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- (2 servings)
- 3/4 c. chicken broth
- 1 T. Splenda (3 carbs)
- 3 T. soy sauce (3 carbs)
- 1 T. rice or white wine vinegar (1 carb)
- 2 T. grated ginger root or 2 tsp. ground ginger (1.6 carbs)
- 4 Tbsp. sesame oil, divided
- 3 boneless/skinless chicken breast halves cut in 1/2" cubes, uncooked
- 4 scallions, chopped (2.5 carbs)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (4 carbs)
- 5 dried red hot peppers (tiny ones in small packets in grocery store) (about 3 carbs, if you actually eat them -- fiery hot on their own)
- Mix or Match:
- broccoli crowns (1/2 c. = 1.7)
- snow peas (1/2 c. = 3.4)
- water chestnuts (1/2 c. = 7)
- bamboo shoots (1/2 c. = 2)
- cabbage (1/2 c. = 1.1)
- 2 tsp. Thicken It (or Thicken/Thin) (o effective carbs) or you can use 1 T. cornstarch (14 carbs)
- 2 T. water
- Whisk together broth, Splenda, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large sauce pan until very hot. Add 2 tbsp. oil and chicken. Cook about 3 minutes until browning but not cooked through.
- Add vegetables (1 to 2 cups of whatever you like from "Mix or Match") and remaining oil. Stir constantly for 3 minutes, keeping pan very hot. Add sauce and bring to a boil. Mix thickener and water to a paste and add to sauce. Stir well until thickened.
- NOTE: You may easily omit thickener, and this will give a spicy broth rather than a sauce. Excellent either way.
NotesCarb Count for each serving (2)
7.5 carbs without vegetables
14.5 carbs with cornstarch and no veggies