- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound Boneless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Egg white beaten until frothy
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 3 Hot dried chili peppers broken in half (de arbol, japone)
- 2 Cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 Piece ginger root (1 in) peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon White wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon White wine
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Brown sugar
- Wash chicken; pat dry, then cut into 1-inch pieces. In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, cornstarch, and beaten egg white. Marinate the chicken pieces for about 20 minutes in the egg white mixture.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok. Deep fry the chicken, a few pieces at a time, for about 1 minute or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Pour all but 2 tablespoons of the oil out of the wok.
- To the oil in the wok, add the dried chili peppers, garlic and ginger, stir-fry 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining soy sauce, vinegar, white wine and 1 tea cornstarch, mix until smooth. Stir in sugar, sesame oil and salt. Pour into wok, cook, stirring for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Return chicken pieces to wok, mix well and serve with hot cooked rice or your favorite Asian noodles.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Italy or Bust
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More