GENERAL TSO CHICKEN
General Tso Chicken
- 1 (28 oz) bag breaded popcorn chicken (frozen food section)
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 1 green or red bell pepper, julienned (I used red)
- 12 oz. broccoli cuts, cooked and drained
- 5 oz. water chestnuts, sliced, drained
- 5 oz. bamboo shoots, sliced, drained
- 1 bottle (12.35 oz) General Tso Stir Fry Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups rice, cooked (I used white Minute Rice)
Preheat oven and bake popcorn chicken according to bag instructions.
Cook rice according to instructions.
In the meantime, boil broccoli in water until desired tenderness. Drain.
In the same skillet or use a wok if you have one, add a little extra virgin olive oil and add the peppers and onion. Saute until tender. Add the water chestnuts and bamboo shoots and continue to stir fry for a few more minutes, 3-4 miniutes. Add the cooked broccoli and mix well with the other veggies.
Add the cooked popcorn chicken to the veggies and mix well. Add all of the General Tso sauce and mix well and simmer until heated through.
Serve over rice.