- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, water, salt, and butter in a large pan. cook stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Cover pan one minute to slide sugar crystals from side of pan.
- Uncover pan and insert candy thermometer, cook until mixture reaches soft crack stage (270-290 degrees).
- Remove from heat and add nuts.
- Place back on heat and cook until hard crack stage (300-310 degrees).
- Remove from heat an add baking soda. Mix well. Let foam settle just a little before spreading on a well buttered cookie sheet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Short & Sweet
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More