- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, water, salt, and butter in a large pan. cook stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Cover pan one minute to slide sugar crystals from side of pan.
- Uncover pan and insert candy thermometer, cook until mixture reaches soft crack stage (270-290 degrees).
- Remove from heat and add nuts.
- Place back on heat and cook until hard crack stage (300-310 degrees).
- Remove from heat an add baking soda. Mix well. Let foam settle just a little before spreading on a well buttered cookie sheet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More