- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, water, salt, and butter in a large pan. cook stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Cover pan one minute to slide sugar crystals from side of pan.
- Uncover pan and insert candy thermometer, cook until mixture reaches soft crack stage (270-290 degrees).
- Remove from heat and add nuts.
- Place back on heat and cook until hard crack stage (300-310 degrees).
- Remove from heat an add baking soda. Mix well. Let foam settle just a little before spreading on a well buttered cookie sheet.
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More