GEORGIA PEACH HOMEMADE ICE CREAM
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk, or as needed
- Puree peaches with the sugar and half-and-half in batches in a blender or food processor.
- In a gallon ice cream freezer container, mix together the peach mixture, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla.
- Pour in enough whole milk to fill the container to the fill line, about 2 cups.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to freeze the ice cream.
- If you like chunks of fruit in your ice cream, just don't puree the fruit. This is the way we like it.
- You can make this ice cream a little sweeter by adding up to 1/2 cup more sugar.
- Cooling the container first will help the ice cream harden faster.
- Also, refrigerate the evaporated milk, before use.
NotesI found this recipe last week on allrecipes.com and it is amazing. I was looking for a homemade ice cream recipe for Fathers Day. If you like really sweet ice cream, you might want to add more sugar. We made just as written and it was perfect for us. Try different fruits if you like. Peach is just one of my Father's favorite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More