- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryEveryone loves cheesecake and chocolate and cheesecake seems like the perfect combination.
This is an easy recipe to put together and the German chocolate and caramel makes for a scrumptious and very attractive cheesecake dessert. You can make the caramel topping from melted caramels but caramel ice cream topping works just as well and saves a little time. Or you can top it with Chocolate Whipped Cream, recipe at the end of the cake recipe. This recipe can be made a day or two in advance of the dinner.
- For the crust:
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about two inner packages of graham crackers). Chocolate cookie crumbs may be substituted.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted.
- For the filling:
- 2-1/2 eight-ounce packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a nine-inch spring form pan, mix the cracker crumbs and the melted butter. Press the crumb mixture into a crust across the bottom and about one inch up the sides. Bake the crust for eight minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese with the sugar. Add the flour and salt. Add the eggs, vanilla, and milk all at once. Mix until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Pour the filling mix into the crust.
- Bake for ten minutes at 450 degrees. Lower the temperature to 200 degrees and bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes or until the cheesecake filling is set.
- After the cheesecake has cooled for ten minutes, with a sharp knife, loosen the edges of the cheesecake from the pan so that the cake will pull away from the pan as it cools. Remove the rim of the pan after it has cooled for about forty-five minutes.
- Drizzle the cheesecake with caramel and then with chocolate. Sprinkle nuts on the cake. Or use the Chocolate Whipped Cream with nuts & coconut Refrigerate until completely cool before serving.