- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups peeled and thinly sliced Granny Smith Apples
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat your oven to 350degrees F. Grease a 12 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine the flour, eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, butter and buttermilk in a large mixing bowl using an electric beater on low speed. Mix until well blended.
- Fold in the apples and pour into prepared baking pan.
- Prepare the topping by mixing all the topping ingredients. Sprinkle over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
NotesWhile shopping at Costco, a free cookbook was offered. Of course, I had to have it. "In The Kitchen The Costco Way" is full of wonderful looking recipes. I changed this one ever so slightly because I used butter instead of shortening and buttermilk instead of milk and vinegar (sour milk = 1 cup milk+1 Tbsp. vinegar). It would be nice served with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More