- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-7
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for tin, and 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar, plus more for tin
- 2 Granny Smith apples (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk Confectioner's sugar, for dusting
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- Butter inside each muffin cup of a 6-cup nonstick jumbo muffin tin;
- coat with granulated sugar.
- 2. Peel, core, and slice apples into 12 wedges, then cut wedges into 3 pieces.
- In a medium bowl, toss apples with brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- 3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add apples and saute, turning occasionally, until caramelized, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove pan from stove; let cool 5 minutes.
- Divide caramelized apples among prepared muffin cups. Set aside.
- 4. In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, salt, 5 tablespoons granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons melted butter, eggs, and milk; process for 3 minutes.
- 5. Pour batter over apples.
- Transfer tin to oven; reduce heat to 400°.
- Bake until pancakes puff up, about 15 minutes.
- 6. Remove tin from oven; invert onto a flat work surface.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar; serve immediately.
NotesSprinkle with powdered sugar or serve alongside a bowl of vanilla ice cream. Perfect for breakfast or dessert, these are incredibly comforting and delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
A Falcon FeastSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More