- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- powdered sugar, to taste
- syrup, to taste
- Turn oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter in cast iron skillet (I use a
- 10" skillet) and place skillet in oven. While heating, beat eggs and milk, then stir in flour.
- Once butter is melted and very hot, pour batter into pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. The "baby" will puff up and then fall when removed from the oven.
- Once removed from oven, sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar. Serve with syrup, if desired.
- Makes a delicious breakfast (tastes a lot like French toast) and I've even served it as a simple dessert.
NotesGot this off the Whats Cooking board, can't wait to try. I love french toast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More