- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- powdered sugar, to taste
- syrup, to taste
- Turn oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter in cast iron skillet (I use a
- 10" skillet) and place skillet in oven. While heating, beat eggs and milk, then stir in flour.
- Once butter is melted and very hot, pour batter into pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. The "baby" will puff up and then fall when removed from the oven.
- Once removed from oven, sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar. Serve with syrup, if desired.
- Makes a delicious breakfast (tastes a lot like French toast) and I've even served it as a simple dessert.
NotesGot this off the Whats Cooking board, can't wait to try. I love french toast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More