- Cooking Time: 10-15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 45
- 2 quarts water
- Pinch of salt
- 6 eggs
- Pinch of pepper
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 lbs beef top round, thinly sliced
- 4 whole dill pickles, julienned
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- Spaetzle - In a large stockpot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil with a punch of salt.
- Beat eggs with a punch of salt and pepper; add flour to make thin dough (thin with milk if needed).
- Set a perforated pan with small holes (like a colander) over the boiling water.
- Pour the dough into the pan and using a scraper force it though the holes to form little dumplings.
- Boil until all the dumplings are floating; strain.
- Add the butter to the pot and sauté dumplings until golden brown.
- Season to taste.
- Beef Roulades - Sauté onions and garlic until golden brown.
- Cut beef into workable sizes, about 5” x 5”.
- Place 3 to 4 pieces of pickle in each piece of beef, top with the sautéed onions and garlic.
- Roll up and pin close with a toothpick.
- Repeat until all the beef is done.
- In a large pan on high heat with a little oil, sear the roulades until golden brown and set aside on a cookie tray.
- Finish cooking the beef in a 350° F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes. Pour off the excess grease from the pan then add the wine; reduce, then add beef stock and reduce until it’s a thin syrup.
- Serve the beef over the spaetzle with the gravy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Simple Homemade Favorites
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More