- Cooking Time: 10-15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 45
- 2 quarts water
- Pinch of salt
- 6 eggs
- Pinch of pepper
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 lbs beef top round, thinly sliced
- 4 whole dill pickles, julienned
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- Spaetzle - In a large stockpot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil with a punch of salt.
- Beat eggs with a punch of salt and pepper; add flour to make thin dough (thin with milk if needed).
- Set a perforated pan with small holes (like a colander) over the boiling water.
- Pour the dough into the pan and using a scraper force it though the holes to form little dumplings.
- Boil until all the dumplings are floating; strain.
- Add the butter to the pot and sauté dumplings until golden brown.
- Season to taste.
- Beef Roulades - Sauté onions and garlic until golden brown.
- Cut beef into workable sizes, about 5” x 5”.
- Place 3 to 4 pieces of pickle in each piece of beef, top with the sautéed onions and garlic.
- Roll up and pin close with a toothpick.
- Repeat until all the beef is done.
- In a large pan on high heat with a little oil, sear the roulades until golden brown and set aside on a cookie tray.
- Finish cooking the beef in a 350° F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes. Pour off the excess grease from the pan then add the wine; reduce, then add beef stock and reduce until it’s a thin syrup.
- Serve the beef over the spaetzle with the gravy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Simple Homemade Favorites
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More