- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryHere is one classic Cheese Cake like you get in a German Cafe /"Konditorei" It is baked and you can keep in a fridge for up to a week.
*I´m sure you will find the Quark ("Magerquark") somewhere in stores. It is the same as the Icelandic Skyr. It´s like very thick buttermilk, but not sour. I´m sure you will get information on it at Whole Foods, which is my favourite supermarket to go and look and buy some small things :) Such a shame I can´t buy the fish there and cook it right away as I´m always in a hotel in the US... :)
- 125g Butter
- 6 Eggs
- 300g Sugar
- 500g Quark *
- 1 small package Vanilla Pudding (e.G. from Dr. Oetker)
- 1 small package of Cheese Cake Help (Käsekuchenhilfe)
- Grated peel of organic lemon
- 1 Cup Whipping cream (whipped)
- one 26cm Spring Form buttered and sprinkled with bread crumble (you need ca 1 tbsp of the crumble).
- Beat Butter and Sugar til light and fluffy. Add the Eggs one or two at a time and beat well.
- Now add all other ingredients except for the whipped cream.
- Finally add the whipped cream with a spatula.
- Pour this mixture into the buttered and dusted spring form.
- Bake at 200°C for 30 to 45 minutes. Or until nicely golden brown and a pin comes out pretty clean.
- The cake rises high in the oven, but once taken out it falls down again. This is normal.
- Let cool in the form before removed.
- Great with a nice cup of coffee!!