GERMAN CHEESE CAKE
German Cheese Cake
- 125g Butter
- 6 Eggs
- 300g Sugar
- 500g Quark *
- 1 small package Vanilla Pudding (e.G. from Dr. Oetker)
- 1 small package of Cheese Cake Help (Käsekuchenhilfe)
- Grated peel of organic lemon
- 1 Cup Whipping cream (whipped)
- one 26cm Spring Form buttered and sprinkled with bread crumble (you need ca 1 tbsp of the crumble).
Beat Butter and Sugar til light and fluffy. Add the Eggs one or two at a time and beat well.
Now add all other ingredients except for the whipped cream.
Finally add the whipped cream with a spatula.
Pour this mixture into the buttered and dusted spring form.
Bake at 200°C for 30 to 45 minutes. Or until nicely golden brown and a pin comes out pretty clean.
The cake rises high in the oven, but once taken out it falls down again. This is normal.
Let cool in the form before removed.
Great with a nice cup of coffee!!
*I´m sure you will find the Quark ("Magerquark") somewhere in stores. It is the same as the Icelandic Skyr. It´s like very thick buttermilk, but not sour. I´m sure you will get information on it at Whole Foods, which is my favourite supermarket to go and look and buy some small things :) Such a shame I can´t buy the fish there and cook it right away as I´m always in a hotel in the US... :)