- Cooking Time: 30-35
- Preparation Time:
- 4 oz pkg German sweet chocolate
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cups buttermilk
- 3 stiff beaten egg whites
- 1/3 cup water
- Grease and lightly flour 2 8 or 9 inch pans.
- Heat chocolate and 1/3 cup water until chocolate melts; cool.
- Combine flour, soda, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Beat butter about 30 seconds, add sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until fluffy; add egg yolks, one at a time, beating 1 min after each.
- Beat in chocolate mixture.
- Add dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately to beaten mixture, beating after each addition.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Turn into pans and bake at 350 degrees for 3035 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans and cool on rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More