- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 (8 ounce pkgs) cream cheese, softened and cut into chunks
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ***Chocolate Cake***
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- ***Chocolate Glaze***
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- ***German Chocolate Topping***
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Whipping cream
- For Cheesecake: In bowl of electric mixer blend cream cheese, sugar, eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside.
- For Chocolate Cake: In large microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just melted. Cool slightly. With fork, beat in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth. Add flour and mix until blended. Spoon into well-greased 9 1/2-inch springform pan, spreading evenly. Carefully, spread cheese mixture evenly over top of chocolate batter.
- Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking 55 to 60 minutes. Turn oven off, open oven door and let cake cool completely to room temperature in oven. Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Remove sides from springform. Invert cake onto serving plate, so cheesecake is on bottom and chocolate cake is on top. Spread sides with Chocolate Glaze. Spread top evenly with German Chocolate Topping. Refrigerate until serving time. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
- For Chocolate Glaze: In small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate chips with whipping cream. Microwave on HIGH power for 45 to 60 seconds. Beat until smooth. Spread on sides of cheesecake.
- For German Chocolate Topping: In small microwave-safe bowl, beat egg yolks. Stir in sugar, butter and whipping cream. Microwave on HIGH power 4 minutes, stirring every minute. Remove from microwave and stir in vanilla extract. Stir in coconut and pecans until well blended. Refrigerate until mixture is of spreading consistency. Spread on top of the cheesecake.
NotesThis cake is thick and rich and packed with chocolate
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More