- Cooking Time: 90
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bar German's sweet chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp. butter flavoring
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Partially melt chocolate over hot water.
- Remove and stir rapidly until melted. Cool. Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs, flavorings and buttermilk.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt; add to shortening.
- Mix well. Blend in chocolate.
- Pour into a well-greasted and floured 9-inch tube pan.
- Bake 300 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan will still hot and place under tightly fitting cover until thoroughly cooled.
- Serve plain or will following glaze.
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
Spicy Chicken Ranch Hot Dip
Big Matt's babyback ribsSee More