- Cooking Time: 90
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bar German's sweet chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp. butter flavoring
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Partially melt chocolate over hot water.
- Remove and stir rapidly until melted. Cool. Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs, flavorings and buttermilk.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt; add to shortening.
- Mix well. Blend in chocolate.
- Pour into a well-greasted and floured 9-inch tube pan.
- Bake 300 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan will still hot and place under tightly fitting cover until thoroughly cooled.
- Serve plain or will following glaze.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cooking for a CureSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More