- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: Depends on portions
- Preparation Time: 5-10minutes
- Vegetable Oil (Or Olive Oil, for a slightly different flavor!)
- Dill Weed
- Ground Pepper
- Tsp. Sugar**
- Chop one or two cucumbers into thin, but round, slices (or as many as your servings call for).
- Dice tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, pour a 4 to 3 ratio of oil to vinegar.
- Add Salt.
- Add Ground Pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add cucumbers & taste.
- *If too heavy on vinegar, add a dash of water*
- Add Tomatoes & taste.
- **If Tomatoes are a bit sour, add a teaspoon of sugar to mix**
- Sprinkle Dill Weed leaves.
- Toss salad.
NotesI first tasted this from a German friend of mine back in 2009. It was so delicious, it left a lasting memory. Two years later, I find this same friend in Italy teaching others in a basic cooking class, how to make this and more. I remembered the taste so vividly; I don't think I have ever been quite so excited over a salad before. Especially one so simple as this.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Gluten-Free and Delicious
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More