- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 TB butter
- Nutmeg or Mace to taste
- Juice of 1 /2 lemon
- 3 tbs Powdered sugar
- Pre heat oven to 400
- In a 10 inch oven safe skillet (I use Cast Iron) melt butter over low heat on stove.
- Whisk Eggs, milk & nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Add flour and combine in a few quick strokes (Like the muffin method) It’s SUPPOSE to be lumpy.
- When butter is melted in pan, pour batter into center of skillet and place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice and Powdered sugar.
NotesThis is also known as Oven cake, Dutch baby, French puff and various other names too numerous to mention. All I know is, my mother use to make this on mornings when we were snowed in and it is one of my comfort foods.
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli Family
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More