- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 TB butter
- Nutmeg or Mace to taste
- Juice of 1 /2 lemon
- 3 tbs Powdered sugar
- Pre heat oven to 400
- In a 10 inch oven safe skillet (I use Cast Iron) melt butter over low heat on stove.
- Whisk Eggs, milk & nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Add flour and combine in a few quick strokes (Like the muffin method) It’s SUPPOSE to be lumpy.
- When butter is melted in pan, pour batter into center of skillet and place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice and Powdered sugar.
NotesThis is also known as Oven cake, Dutch baby, French puff and various other names too numerous to mention. All I know is, my mother use to make this on mornings when we were snowed in and it is one of my comfort foods.