- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 TB butter
- Nutmeg or Mace to taste
- Juice of 1 /2 lemon
- 3 tbs Powdered sugar
- Pre heat oven to 400
- In a 10 inch oven safe skillet (I use Cast Iron) melt butter over low heat on stove.
- Whisk Eggs, milk & nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Add flour and combine in a few quick strokes (Like the muffin method) It’s SUPPOSE to be lumpy.
- When butter is melted in pan, pour batter into center of skillet and place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice and Powdered sugar.
NotesThis is also known as Oven cake, Dutch baby, French puff and various other names too numerous to mention. All I know is, my mother use to make this on mornings when we were snowed in and it is one of my comfort foods.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More