- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2,5 kg Plums (Zwetschken) without stone
- 500g sugar
- 1/8 L wine vinegar
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 3 star-anise
- Day One:
- Put in a bit pot, the plums without the stone, the sugar and the vinegar. Stir together and place the lid on the pot. Let rest ´till the next day
- Day Two:
- The plums with the sugar and vinegar have become very juicy and now ready to be cooked. Add in the Cinnamon stick and the star anise (as soon as it cooks you gotta take them out again, I used a tea filter). Preheat the oven to 200°C while you heat your plum mash to cooking point. As soon as it starts to cook, take out the cinnamon-sticks and the star-anise.
- The often should be warm now. Place the Pot inside (without a lid) and let cook for almost an hour, while stirring occasionally.
- In the mean time, prepare the glasses your gonna fill your marmalade with (cook in water).
- I had 13 Glasses of Jam ca. 200ml each
NotesThis is a recepie from the mother of a good friend. I did this last year with her, and this year for the first time alone (well my BF helped me out
I am placing a photograph with this recipe where you can see the steps of making.
Now the Plums are ready to be picked, and this tastes very christmasy too. Prepare now and give to the loved ones around the holidays.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More