German Potato Salad
3 lbs. Red Bliss Potatoes
1/2 lb. Jimmy Dean® Bacon, cooked
1 large onion, minced
2 stalks of celery, minced
1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
1. Cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling water until slightly firm. Chill and peel off skin.
2. Slice the potatoes into 1/2" slices.
3. Chop the cooked bacon strips.
4. In a large pot combine the onions, bacon celery, chopped parsley, vegetable oil and white vinegar. Mix well.
5. In a small sauce pan bring the water to a boil and add the sugar. Cook 1 minute until the sugar is dissolved.
6. Add the sugar water to the oil and vinegar mixture.
7. Add the sliced potatoes and gently toss the potatoes so they well covered in the dressing.
8. Serve within two hours. Refrigerate leftovers