- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbs. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 c. chopped yellow onion
- ½ c. chopped celery
- ½ c. diced carrots
- ½ c. chopped green onions
- ½ c. chopped zucchini
- 2 tbs. Minced garlic
- ¼ c. loosely packed fresh parsley
- 1 tbs. chopped fresh or dried basil
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tbs. Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning
- ¼ tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 box (10 oz.)frozen spinach
- 3 Q (12 c.) chicken broth or stock
- 2 c. cooked egg noodles (I use wheat)
- Heat the olive oil in a deep soup pot. Add chicken and cook until white all the way through.
- Add onion, celery, carrots, green onions, zucchini, garlic, parsley, basil, bay leaves, and Tony's. Saute vegetables until almost tender.
- Add frozen spinach and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook until spinach is warmed through.
- Add chicken broth/stock, bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Bring back to a boil and add egg noodles. Cook until the noodles are done. Ladle it up and feel amazing.
NotesMy stepfather made this soup for me when I was extremely ill, and I swear it cured me the same day. My boyfriend said the soup was so good "it must have crack sprinkled in it." (Not that he or I have ever experimented with crack lol) Now I make this recipe whenever anyone I know is under the weather. Anyway, here's the recipe:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More