GET-WELL CHICKEN SOUP (AKA
Get-Well Chicken Soup (AKA
- Servings: 8
- 2 tbs. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 c. chopped yellow onion
- ½ c. chopped celery
- ½ c. diced carrots
- ½ c. chopped green onions
- ½ c. chopped zucchini
- 2 tbs. Minced garlic
- ¼ c. loosely packed fresh parsley
- 1 tbs. chopped fresh or dried basil
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tbs. Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning
- ¼ tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 box (10 oz.)frozen spinach
- 3 Q (12 c.) chicken broth or stock
- 2 c. cooked egg noodles (I use wheat)
Heat the olive oil in a deep soup pot. Add chicken and cook until white all the way through.
Add onion, celery, carrots, green onions, zucchini, garlic, parsley, basil, bay leaves, and Tony's. Saute vegetables until almost tender.
Add frozen spinach and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook until spinach is warmed through.
Add chicken broth/stock, bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
Bring back to a boil and add egg noodles. Cook until the noodles are done. Ladle it up and feel amazing.