- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bar (4 oz) Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Bar, broken into pieces
- 4 Tbsp butter, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate, butter, sugar, water and light corn syrup.
- Stir in mixture continuously over the medium heat until completely melted and smooth.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and continue simmering for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
- To reheat, place in small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium 6-8 minutes, stirring after the first 3 minutes.
NotesI got this recipe from the inside of a 4 oz Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate bar. It is perfect with the cracked earth cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More