- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bar (4 oz) Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Bar, broken into pieces
- 4 Tbsp butter, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate, butter, sugar, water and light corn syrup.
- Stir in mixture continuously over the medium heat until completely melted and smooth.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and continue simmering for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
- To reheat, place in small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium 6-8 minutes, stirring after the first 3 minutes.
NotesI got this recipe from the inside of a 4 oz Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate bar. It is perfect with the cracked earth cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More