- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Gia's Marinara Sauce
- (Use only fresh ingredients for best results)
- Chop the following ingredients:
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 1/2 bulb garlic (5 cloves)
- 10 pcs finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium bunch fresh Italian parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 can of black olives chopped
- Also need:
- 1/2 large carrot grated
- 2 baskets cherry tomatoes or 8 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 8 small mushrooms (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In large pot, put olive oil and 1 tiny piece of onion. Turn on heat and when onion starts to sizzle a little, put in onion and garlic. Saute until onion is a little transparent. Add all other ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer covered at least 1/2 hour, but you can keep the heat on up to 3 hours or until sauce becomes as thick as you like. (If watery when using whole tomatoes, then leave cover off pot while simmering until thicker.)
- This recipe is versatile and need not be followed to the letter. Add tomato paste if you like the flavor. Amounts of ingredients can vary. It changes the flavor a little each time, but it's always delicious.
- Prepare meatballs by mixing thoroughly, 1/2 lb ground sirloin or ground beef, 1/3 cup cream, 1 beaten egg, 3 tablespoons grated cheese, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste. (If you can add a few extra carbs then add 1/4 cup flavored Italian bread crumbs.) Shape meatballs. Brown in fying pan with olive oil. Place meatballs in separate pot and cover with enough sauce to top of meatballs, simmer 30 minutes. Leftover sauce can be used over roast chicken and/or fresh mozzarella cheese for tomorrow's lunch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
The Social CookbookSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More