- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut in half
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Flour for dredging plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1/3 to ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
- Place the chicken breasts, one at a time, on a sheet of plastic wrap; fold the wrap over to cover. Using the mallet, pound each breast to uniform thickness of ¼-inch.
- Season the chicken liberally with the salt and pepper, dredge in the flour, shaking off any excess. In a heavy skillet just big enough to hold all the chicken, heat the oil and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- When the oil and butter stop sizzling, add the chicken and cook, turning once, until just brown on both sides. Remove the chicken to a plate. Pour off any grease from the pan and add the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Add the onion to the skillet and saute until translucent. Add the garlic and the scallions and saute 1 more minute. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the flour over the vegetables and toss to combine.
- Add the chicken broth and reduce. Add the capers and toss to combine. Return the chicken to the pan, cover, and reduce heat to low, simmering until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Correct the seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary, and serve on warm platter garnished with the parsley and lemon slices.
NotesThis is a chicken dish I created recently and everybody loved it! It's light and the taste is very crisp and clean. I serve it with a nice salad and Ice Tea. Not sure how well leftovers hold up though...cause there never is anything left! Enjoy
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Cooking for a Cure
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Nanci's World Famous Cannoli
Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad
Cinnamon Red Hot PicklesSee More