- Cooking Time: 30-40
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ziti
- 5 cups marinara
- 3 cups whole milk ricotta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- Italian seasonings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain pasta in a colander and set aside. Do not rinse. In a large bowl comdine ricotta and ziti. Stir in salt & pepper to taste, basil, oregano, thyme, and garlic powder. Sprinke with mozzarella & parmesan cheese.
- n a large greased baking dish, pour in pasta mixture. Sprinkle the mozzarella, & Parmesan, all over the top. Dot with the butter. Bake until top is golden brown and bubbly, about 30 to 40 minutes.
NotesI took the original recipe & made some changes. The original recipe called for 5 cups tomato sauce, which I thought was overwhelming the first time I made it. So, this time I used my favorite marinara. See foodnetwork.com for Giada's original version!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More