GIADA'S CHOCOLATE-HAZELNUT SMOOCHES
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange sprinkles, or orange sugar
- 1 (9-ounce) package of chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped (recommended: Hershey's)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 3. In another medium bowl, place the chocolate hazelnut spread, butter, and both sugars. Using a hand mixer, cream the ingredients together, about 3 minutes.
- 4. Add the egg and vanilla and blend until incorporated.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, just until incorporated.
- 5. Shape the cookie dough into walnut-sized balls.
- Roll the balls in the orange sprinkles or orange sugar, pressing to adhere.
- Place the cookies on a heavy cookie sheet about 4 inches apart.
- 6. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven.
- 7. Quickly place a chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie.
- Return the cookies to the oven and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
NotesI got this off of Food Network. It is a Giada De Laurentiis recipe from Everyday Italian.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More