- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange sprinkles, or orange sugar
- 1 (9-ounce) package of chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped (recommended: Hershey's)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 3. In another medium bowl, place the chocolate hazelnut spread, butter, and both sugars. Using a hand mixer, cream the ingredients together, about 3 minutes.
- 4. Add the egg and vanilla and blend until incorporated.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, just until incorporated.
- 5. Shape the cookie dough into walnut-sized balls.
- Roll the balls in the orange sprinkles or orange sugar, pressing to adhere.
- Place the cookies on a heavy cookie sheet about 4 inches apart.
- 6. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven.
- 7. Quickly place a chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie.
- Return the cookies to the oven and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
NotesI got this off of Food Network. It is a Giada De Laurentiis recipe from Everyday Italian.
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More