- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 lbs. small shrimp, cleaned
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 Tbls hot sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Melt half of the butter in a large sauce pan.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, until toasted, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until all stock is absorbed.
- In a large saute pan, melt remaining butter over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Add lemon juice and hot sauce and cook until shrimp is just turning pink.
- Stir in cream and heat through.
- Serve over rice.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Special SmoothiesSee More
CUPPY DUCKING CAKE :S
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Frosting
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More