- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 lbs. small shrimp, cleaned
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 Tbls hot sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Melt half of the butter in a large sauce pan.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, until toasted, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until all stock is absorbed.
- In a large saute pan, melt remaining butter over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Add lemon juice and hot sauce and cook until shrimp is just turning pink.
- Stir in cream and heat through.
- Serve over rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More