- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and minced
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 t salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 t pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/4 c freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1. In large skillet, heat oil over medium flame. When almost smoking, add onion and garlic and saute until onion is very tender, about 8 minutes.
- 2. Add celery and carrot and saute for 5 minutes. Increase heat to high, add ground beef, and saute until meat is no longer pink, breaking up large lumps - about 10 minutes.
- 3. Add tomoates, parsley, basil, adn 1/2 t each of salt and pepper, adn cook over med-lo heat until sauce thickens, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Stir in cheese, then season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Cooking with SabraSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More