- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and minced
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 t salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 t pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/4 c freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1. In large skillet, heat oil over medium flame. When almost smoking, add onion and garlic and saute until onion is very tender, about 8 minutes.
- 2. Add celery and carrot and saute for 5 minutes. Increase heat to high, add ground beef, and saute until meat is no longer pink, breaking up large lumps - about 10 minutes.
- 3. Add tomoates, parsley, basil, adn 1/2 t each of salt and pepper, adn cook over med-lo heat until sauce thickens, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Stir in cheese, then season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More