- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 medium zucchini, (about 1 1/2 pounds) sliced lengthwise, 1/4-inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 cup grated fontina
- 1/4 cup grated Romano
- 1 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with extra-virgin olive oil. Arrange zucchini slices on the bottom of the dish and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Evenly pour 1/3 cup of the heavy cream and sprinkle with 1/3 of a cup of mozzarella, 1/3 cup fontina and 2 tablespoons of the Romano. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the bread crumbs. Repeat layers, ending with the bread crumbs. Cut the 4 tablespoons of butter into 1/2-inch cubes and sprinkle over the top of the dish. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, place the baking dish on top and bake for 40 minutes until bubbling and the top is golden brown
NotesZucchini is such a plentiful crop we're always looking for different ways to prepare it. This dish is wonderful! My kids lap it up every time I fix it!
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More