- Cooking Time: 12 to 14
- Servings: 25
- Preparation Time:
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Stir together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat shortening for 30 seconds. Add 2 cups sugar; beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs and molasses until combined.
- Beat in half of flour mixture.
- Stir in remaining flour mixture.
- Shape dough into 2 inch balls; roll in the granulated sugar.
- Place balls 2 1/2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are light brown and puffed.
- Do not overbake or cookies will not be chewy.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks; cool.
- Makes 25 (4 inch) cookies.
NotesOne of the ladies made these on baking day. I didn't think I'd care too much for them until I tried them and they were great! Very moist and chewy.
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More