GIANTS V. ST. LOUIS RAMS: BBQ RIBS
- Cooking Time: 135
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 -4 lbs st. louis style ribs
- garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce (adjust for desired level or heat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon celery seed (be careful, too much can overpower the flavor)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Stir ingredients, beginning with water (leave ribs and garlic salt out), into a stock pot.
Bring to a boil. Allow to boil for about 15 minute stirring occasionally.
Simmer uncovered, ALLOW TO REDUCE TO DESIRED THICKNESS.
Preheat oven to 350°F when sauce has reached desired thickness.
Cut ribs into serving sizes.
lace in greased roasting pan or casserole dish.
Sprinkle with garlic salt to taste.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes bone side up.
rain the grease off the ribs.
Pour sauce over ribs.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes, basting the ribs 2-3 times during final stage.
Website Credit: http://www.food.com/recipe/oven-barbecued-st-louis-style-ribs-104881