- Cooking Time: 135
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 -4 lbs st. louis style ribs
- garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce (adjust for desired level or heat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon celery seed (be careful, too much can overpower the flavor)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Stir ingredients, beginning with water (leave ribs and garlic salt out), into a stock pot.
- Bring to a boil. Allow to boil for about 15 minute stirring occasionally.
- Simmer uncovered, ALLOW TO REDUCE TO DESIRED THICKNESS.
- Preheat oven to 350°F when sauce has reached desired thickness.
- Cut ribs into serving sizes.
- lace in greased roasting pan or casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes bone side up.
- rain the grease off the ribs.
- Pour sauce over ribs.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes, basting the ribs 2-3 times during final stage.
NotesRibs are a regional delicacy in many places, but St. Louis style ribs are know for their vinegar and sweetness.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
My Family Cookbook
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More