- Cooking Time: 135
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 -4 lbs st. louis style ribs
- garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce (adjust for desired level or heat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon celery seed (be careful, too much can overpower the flavor)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Stir ingredients, beginning with water (leave ribs and garlic salt out), into a stock pot.
- Bring to a boil. Allow to boil for about 15 minute stirring occasionally.
- Simmer uncovered, ALLOW TO REDUCE TO DESIRED THICKNESS.
- Preheat oven to 350°F when sauce has reached desired thickness.
- Cut ribs into serving sizes.
- lace in greased roasting pan or casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes bone side up.
- rain the grease off the ribs.
- Pour sauce over ribs.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes, basting the ribs 2-3 times during final stage.
NotesRibs are a regional delicacy in many places, but St. Louis style ribs are know for their vinegar and sweetness.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More