- Cooking Time: 90
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup canola oil, plus more for greasing
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 Granny Smith apples (about 1Ã‚Â¼ pounds)-peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt or tube pan. In a medium bowl, combine the 2 1/2 cups of flour with the baking powder and 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon. In a large bowl, toss the apples with 1/4 cup of the sugar and the remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and set aside.
- In a standing mixed fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the 1 cup of oil with the eggs, orange juice, vanilla and the remaining 2 cups of sugar on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the flour in 3 batches, mixing until just combined. Add the apples and stir to combine. Transfer to the pan, leaving about an inch at the top, and bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 30 minutes before unmolding it onto a rack to cool completely.
NotesThis recipe was featured in the Aug/Sept issue of Every Day w/ Rachel Ray.
I tried it and loved it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Jean’s Recipe File
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More