- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup lightly salted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped almonds or whatever nut you'd like
- 1 cup raspberry or apricot jam or prepared poppy seed filling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the vanilla and egg yolk; mix until fluffy.
- Stir in the flour, cover and refrigerate dough for 2 hours.
- Grease cookie sheets and line with parchment paper.
- Measure out the dough by teaspoonfuls, and roll into balls.
- Roll the balls into chopped nuts and set on the prepared cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- With a finger, make an indention in each cookie, and fill the indention up with whatever filling you'd like.
- Cookies can be filled by using either a teaspoon or a pastry bag.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, cookies should be golden brown.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
NotesThis is one I always knew as Gimma's cookies, which is what my brother would answer when my grandmother would ask what he wanted her to make. I guess it's a thumbprint cookie, but to me it will always be Gimma's cookie!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More