GINA WILSON'S LEMON CHICKEN FROM THE CHICKEN RANCH
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 6 chicken breast halves with bone
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained (optional) -- or fresh
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange lemon slices in bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Place chicken breasts in dish.
Combine melted butter and lemon juice. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle evenly with lemon-pepper and parsley. Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle mushrooms around chicken. Bake 10 minutes longer, until chicken is tender.