"Coconut and crab combine to create a delicious dish."Serves 4 | Prep Time 20min | Cook Time 30min
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 tablespoons cooking oil
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
2 medium-sized blue crabs (alimasag), washed and cut in half
1/4 cup kalabasa (squash), peeled and cubed
1/4 cup okra, halved
2 pieces green finger chilies (siling pangsigang)
1/4 cup sitaw (string beans), cut into 3-inch lengths
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat cooking oil in a large pan. Add then sauté onions and garlic until onions are translucent.
2. Add coconut milk and patis and bring to a boil. Cook for 6 minutes.
3. Add the crabs and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the squash and okra. Simmer until vegetables are tender. (You may also add the green finger chili at this point.) Add the string beans.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot with white rice.