- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15
- salad ingredients:
- 5-6 carrots (this was a bunch for me), peeled + cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- big handful of cilantro leaves, roughly chopped (mint or thai basil would also be delicious)
- salt + pepper
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled + chopped
- ginger citrus dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- juice of 1 lime
- salt + pepper
- 1.5 tbsp agave nectar/raw honey
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated finely on a rasp/microplane
- couple drops of toasted sesame oil
- 1/4-1/3 cup grapeseed or other neutral-tasting oil (I tend to like vinaigrettes on the more acidic side so I go with less)
- Combine the carrot matchsticks, thawed edamame, sesame seeds and chopped cilantro in a large bowl. Season the whole mixture with salt + pepper and toss lightly with your hands. Set aside.
- In a small-medium bowl, combine the orange juice, lime juice, salt + pepper, agave nectar, ginger and sesame oil. Whisk it all together until incorporated. While whisking with one hand, slowly drizzle in the grapeseed oil until you have a homogenous and unified dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the carrot + edamame mixture. Toss to combine. Top with the chopped avocado pieces. Garnish the dish with more sesame seeds and cilantro if you like.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More